Frequently Asked Questions
The price is $99 per user per month and then $49/month for each additional user at your firm. A user is any member of your firm that uses Knudge. The Knudge app is free for your contacts/clients.
Knudge is offered at a reduced cost for a 12 month subscription. $79 for the first user, per month and $39 for each additional user when billed annually. You can select this pricing plan when signing up or switch to this option on your Billing settings page at any point after signing up.
We’re excited to offer Knudge for free, indefinitely, for up to 13 contacts (no credit card required).
The idea for Knudge was born out of a pressing need at our co-founder Shaun’s firm to find a repeatable way to manage their client’s action items.
We know firsthand, that starting a new firm is not easy work, and running an existing business brings unique challenges:
- New firms: When you first start a firm, every expense counts when revenue is not yet in the door. Embed Knudge in your process from day one and don’t worry about having to sign up for a paid subscription until you get your feet under you.
- Established firms: There is never a perfect time to start a time boxed free trial and however long that free trial is, it’s usually not long enough. This new model allows you to sign up when you’re thinking of it and get around to using Knudge when you have the time. Invite as many colleagues as you want and test it out with a dozen clients or a handful of households at your leisure.
If you are interested in hearing more about why we created a free tier, listen to Shaun share some of his experience onboarding technology here.
There are two billing plans – Monthly or Yearly. You can start with the monthly plan and switch to the yearly option at any time for ~%20 discount as compared to the price when billed monthly.
Your subscription is billed at the beginning of each period. If you cancel in the middle of a billing period, your subscription and access to Knudge remains active until the end of the current period.
- What happens if we add a team member after the free trial? When members are added, you are billed immediately for the prorated cost of the seat for the remainder of the subscription period (1 month or 1 year, depending on your plan).
- What happens if we remove a team member? Member seats are paid up-front for each billing period, and the remaining time is not refunded if they are removed mid-cycle. However, if you currently have 3 team members, and within a billing cycle you remove a team member (now have 2) and then add a different person at your firm (back to 3), your bill is the same as if you had kept 3 members the entire time.
- What happens if we start with a monthly plan and switch to the annual plan? The current month-long billing period continues as normal, and at the end of the billing period, you are charged for 1 year at your current seat count.
- What happens if we are on the annual plan and switch to the monthly plan? The current year-long billing period continues as normal, and at the end of the billing period, you are charged for 1 month at your current seat count.
- How can I cancel my subscription? We’ll be disappointed to see you go, so please send us a note to tell us why and how we can make Knudge better for you.
- To cancel all subscriptions for your organization, click on your company name, then select Billing, and click on Cancel Subscription. If you cancel in the middle of a billing period, your subscription and access to Knudge remains active until the end of the current period.
- To remove members from your organization, click on your company name, select Billing, and click on Add or Remove members. You will get a refund for the remainder of the period billed for each member removed.
Knudge is co-founded by a financial advisor, so we understand the need to protect client confidentiality. Knudge follows best practices of application development.
We use modern technologies and consistently update our application framework for newly discovered security vulnerabilities. Our development process includes continuous vulnerability scanning to ensure our firm is maintaining this high level of security in our codebase.
Knudge’s physical infrastructure is hosted and managed within Google’s secure data centers and utilize the Google Cloud Platform (GCP) technology. Google continually manages risk and undergoes recurring assessments to ensure compliance with industry standards.
For more detail see:
We are working on getting approved by many broker-dealers. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we’ll let you know if yours is one of them. If not, we are happy to connect with the appropriate person.
Not only is it available, but it’s free.
Organizations focused on financial literacy, pro-bono financial consulting and financial coaching are eligible to use Knudge free of charge.
Please contact us at email@example.com to see if Knudge could be a good fit for your organization.
Knudge was founded by financial advisors for financial advisors. We developed Knudge because we had an acute need for a better way to keep our clients on track. We learned that many others in our industry have the same need.
We also realized that Knudge could be useful in other industries as well. We have accountants, estate planning attorneys, insurance professionals, and many others using Knudge. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about how Knudge can be used in your industry.
This is one of our most frequent questions and we understand the importance of Knudge being able to fit in with your other technologies.
We’re excited to announce that our Wealthbox and Redtail integrations are now available to all firms.
We’re currently working on an integration with Salesforce and expect to roll that out soon. If you have any thoughts on other integrations, we’d love to hear from you. We’ll be listening to our users to help us prioritize which integrations to focus on next and what level of integration would be most helpful.
No, you can use Knudge to manage all of your clients in the same way regardless of whether or not they register or install the Knudge app. Clients that use the app will have access to a shared to-do-list, a calendar view, a record of all messages related to a task, and the ability to set their own preferences for when and how they wish to receive communications. If a client elects to not log in or install the Knudge app, notifications and messages will simply be delivered via email. Clients will still be able to mark nudges complete.
No. Our technology is designed to allow this functionality in the future, but for now we’re focused on advisors nudging clients.
When a nudge or notification is addressed to a household, all members of the household have access and will receive communications regarding that notification. You can, however, still send a nudge to an individual even if they are a member of a household.
Yes, clients can reply via email or in app messaging and all communications are tied to a specific nudge or notification and stored indefinitely.
The Knudge app sends nudges. When a deadline lapses the nudge persists in the client’s to-do list and is flagged in the advisors dashboard. We think of nudges as gentle reminders intended to encourage positive behavior. We also think there’s a fine line between nudging and nagging. We’ll be learning as we go and look forward to suggestions for other possible workflows for missed deadlines.
Knudge comes with a library of templates preinstalled for your convenience. These templates can be cloned and modified as needed. You can also create new templates and decide whether or not to share with other members of your firm.
Yes, any nudge/reminder whether created as a custom nudge or from a template can be set to be recurring either weekly, monthly, quarterly, or yearly.
This is one of the most requested features and we’re working to make this available. We have build out a tagging interface that allows you to tag contacts or households and then filter your list of contacts or households by tags in order to get to the correct list. Now we’re working on selecting multiple to be able to create one nudge that will be assigned to each individually. We hope to have this available soon. – last updated March, 2022
This is one of the biggest advantages of the Knudge app. You can see, across all of your contacts, the most relevant action items and know at a glance which clients or contacts need extra attention at any given time. You can also drill down into individual households or contacts to see their full to-do-list and latest activity.