WHAT DATA DO WE COLLECT?
Knudge collects the following data:
- Personal identification information including the name, e-mail address, phone number, or mailing address of Knudge users
- IP addresses of devices used to connect to Knudge
- Communication sent or received via Knudge
- For advisors, information regarding the management of your practice, including personal identification information of your clients
- Any feedback or communication sent to Knudge, Inc via email
HOW DO WE COLLECT YOUR DATA?
You directly provide Knudge with most of the data we collect through explicit forms. We collect and process data when you:
- Create an account with Knudge
- Communicate via Knudge
- Enter information about clients and peers on Knudge
- Complete surveys or provide feedback to Knudge
- Use or view the Knudge website or app
Aside from explicitly entered data and communication sent to or through Knudge, Knudge may passively collect relevant information such as a device’s reported time zone for message scheduling and may maintain knowledge of system preferences for presentation purposes. Such data may be sent to Knudge upon creating or updating an account or otherwise authenticating with the application.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR DATA?
Knudge collects data so that we can:
- Provide you Knudge services, such as communication with your clients or advisors
- Manage your Knudge account
- Analyze, personalize, or improve Knudge, Inc products and services
WHO CAN ACCESS YOUR DATA?
For clients, contact information entered by the client themself, such as their name, email address, phone number, and avatar image, can be seen by advisor organizations to which they are an active contact. These advisor organization also see their status as a registered user and shared activity. The client may opt-out from communication with an advisor, in which case previously shared information remains available to the advisor, but not new information.
For advisors, comparable organization metadata (name, logo, etc) are visible to contacts which they create or add.
Knudge Inc. is able to access data and may do so to assist with correcting issues, complying with external requirements, or in the course of software development. For paid advisor accounts, Stripe, Inc maintains and has access to information about payments for that account.
In the event that an advisor makes use of third-party integrations with other services, data that they elect to share between the services, such as contact information, may be accessible to that party.
HOW DO WE STORE YOUR DATA?
Knudge securely stores data. All data is encrypted at rest and in transit, meaning there is no place where your sensitive data can leak in a readable form.
On our end, your data is stored in 2 places:
- In our database, hosted in Google Cloud. This is where most of your data is saved. It is solely accessible through secure endpoints provided by our backend API (which powers the Knudge app) and via an administration tool available to core Knudge engineers.
- In Google Cloud Storage. This is used to store things (like any avatar image you upload) which are more broadly accessible to other people you interact with on Knudge.
Some data may be stored by the agent that you use to access Knudge, such as the authentication cookie and application preferences that are local to a single installation.
In the client, Knudge takes various precautions, including employing a strict CSP (content security policy), to prevent data exfiltration or cross-site scripting attacks.
Please be aware that no security solution is perfect, and we are not responsible for any penetration or circumvention of any security measures contained in Knudge products. Knudge does not encourage you to make any personally identifiable information public other than what is necessary for you to use Knudge. You understand and acknowledge that, even after removal, copies of your data may remain viewable in cached pages, archives and storage backups or if other users have copied or stored data which you have shared with them.
WHAT ARE YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS?
Knudge would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access
- You have the right to request copies of your personal data from Knudge, Inc. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification
- You have the right to request that Knudge, Inc correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that Knudge, Inc complete information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure
- You have the right to request that Knudge, Inc erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing
- You have the right to request that Knudge, Inc restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing
- You have the right to object to Knudge, Inc’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability
- You have the right to request that Knudge, Inc transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email, firstname.lastname@example.org.
HOW TO CONTACT KNUDGE